Vlad

Well Known Member
Brother aviator and experimentalist from Faraway Airstrip is doing some R&D on traditional aircraft engines. He is asking if there is any information available online on engine components weight. Crankshaft, pistons, rods, sump etc. the more the merrier. Where can I find the weights on individual components?

Weight of Engine Parts

Comrad Vlad: My IO-320 is not yet assembled. If you don't find what you are looking for I could weigh individual components and post results for you.

Don Broussard
RV-9 Rebuild in Progress

Comrad Vlad: My IO-320 is not yet assembled. If you don't find what you are looking for I could weigh individual components and post results for you.

Don Broussard
RV-9 Rebuild in Progress

Don thanks. I will ask him what specific components he is interested in and let you know tomorrow.

Don thanks. I will ask him what specific components he is interested in and let you know tomorrow.

If you pass him my email address I can help him out. I'm the shipper for Eagle Engines and can tell him exact weights on whatever parts he needs to know about. From mags/starters/crankshafts/crankcases/rods/pistons/ and even most nuts and bolts. [email protected]

If you pass him my email address I can help him out. I'm the shipper for Eagle Engines and can tell him exact weights on whatever parts he needs to know about. From mags/starters/crankshafts/crankcases/rods/pistons/ and even most nuts and bolts. [email protected]

Matt appreciate it. Email is on the way and he is watching the thread too.

No problem we are here to help. I deal with all things parts-related and if I don't know the answer I will find it for you.