RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I need to buy my fiberglass supplies. We have a West Marine store in town but wonder where you guys buy from. I thought maybe even with the shipping some mail order organization might be a better deal.

I am in Olympia Washington so if you know of a place locally with good deals please let me know.

Thanks

Your area must have a couple hundred vendors who can get the stuff, I know there is a boat yard or two on Puget Sound.:rolleyes:

Have you considered the Yellow pages??

West Marine is what I use here in the middle of Calif.

I need to buy my fiberglass supplies. We have a West Marine store in town but wonder where you guys buy from. I thought maybe even with the shipping some mail order organization might be a better deal.

I am in Olympia Washington so if you know of a place locally with good deals please let me know.

Thanks
Mike-I looked at boat shops both in central and western Washington and, for the most part, found them to be selling West Systems for more than ACS. And the shipping from ACS was not that unreasonable, even with the gallon kit, especially if I was ordering other ACS items at the same time. Wherever you order, be sure to get the $10 (or so) pump kit. Makes measuring (and keeping your workbench clean) a snap.

Try for an EAA discount

At our local marine products supplier in Norfolk, I discussed that we had a non-profit club which had 60 members who would purchase fiberglass materials from them on an as-needed basis. They entered us in their database and gave us the contractors discount. This amounted to about 40%:D. A 1 qt kit of west epoxy went from $50 to $30. Similar savings on glass cloth, sandpaper and even paint! Worth a try.

West

Most West Marine Stores will match prices found at other stores across the Country, or on the Internet. Won't hurt to ask.

I have yet to use MAS on my plane but I have used it on my boat. Great stuff in my book.

I've used a number of quality epoxies and West Systems is the best in my opinion...good viscosity characteristics and doesn't crystallize when stored in cold conditions. I'd like to try MAS as its significantly cheaper, but am curious about its wet-out characteristics and whether or not it crystallizes when cold.