trib

Well Known Member
You guys have been great answering dumb questions such as "will an O320E2D work?" and more as I've been hunting a good buy on an engine for my RV-6A project. My final decision is that I'm going to purchase an IOX-340 kit to assemble and go with this engine. It just seems too good to pass up. Has anyone been shopping around that can give me advice on who has the best deal to purchase the kit from? Since this is essentially just a parts order, it doesn't seem that it would make a difference who is the supplier, so I'm just looking for the best price. I do know about the $250 rebate ECi is offering and plan on ordering within the next few weeks to take advantage of this. Thanks again for the help.

Tim Ribble

Just go to the ECI site and look under the kit engine section. The dealers are listed there. You can call each of them and see how they each price the kits.
I bought my kit from AERO Inc, in Granite City, IL and was really happy with their service, follow up on questions and service on parts, etc.

ECI

Tim, you don't say where you are located, but two guys that are great to deal with are Richard Fowler of America's Aircraft Engines in Tulsa, 888-371-1371 or one of his reps, Robbie Attaway in Arizona, attawayair.com 602-538-6087. They didnt pay me to say this, I am just a potential customer who has gotten to know them over the years.

Robbie Attaway

I would go with Robbie or Mahon both are great people and I live an hour from ECI , but I have never bought anything from them , I have called them while building my lycoming 0320 and Both of them took the time to help me even though I was not a customer , infact they spent some time trying to help.. if I had not bought an engine before I knew anthing about them (don't do this) I would have done the IO 340 myself.. I love that engine.. both companys are great..

Danny..

Danny,

Not sure who Robbie or Mahon are, can you give details as to where they work and possibly a contact number? You aren't referring to people at ECi are you, as I didn't think we could purchase directly from them.

FYI, I live in Va Beach, but since I'm just ordering parts by mail, it doesn't much matter to me where they're located.

thanks again,
Tim

Mahlon would be Mahlon from Mattituck.....just check out there web site for phone numbers and emails....

Paul

I don't believe that Mattituck sells these kits.. but please check with them. I was steered to AERO by Mahlon's post from a few months ago (hadn't even heard of AERO before reading that post)... of course I first thought of buying from Mattituck..

edit: ECI's website has a list of authorized dealers.. I believe you'll have to buy it from one of those to get that rebate.

Robbie and Richard

Another vote for Robbie Attaway and Richard Fowler - both great people to do business with. I went to to Tulsa and helped build my engine at Richard's shop with one of his A&P's. It was a great time and I learned a lot about the engine I am flying behind. I would do it again in an instant.

www.attawayair.com (Robbie)

www.overhaul.com (Richard)