audio panel and all of the Garmin dealers I have spoken to say I have to have
it installed by them. Help
Don

Don Jones said:
Where do you guys buy your avionics such as Garmin. I am looking for an
audio panel and all of the Garmin dealers I have spoken to say I have to have
it installed by them. Help
Don
Contact John Stark. His is about the best pricing you will likely find on Garmin avionics because he does NOT accept plastic. By refusing to pay tribute to the card companies he is in a position to pass significant savings on to the customer. http://www.starkavionics.com/

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

Stein Bunch at SteinAir is the man. He will tell you up front when someone like Stark Avionics has a better price on certain items. In addition Stein really provides great custormer support.

Russ Daves
N710RV (RV-10 Reserved on main gear)
N65RV (RV-6A Sold)

Where to buy Avionics

I bought almost everything from Stark Avionics, but would not hesitate to buy from Steinair as well. Both are gentlemen that strive to give great customer support.

Regarding Stark Avionics, a few months ago I called to order an encoder. John told me to order it from Spruce to save some money. Wow, what honesty and service.

Today, Tony at Stark, help me trouble shoot a problem. This took considerable time. He was very patient and helped me work through the issue.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

Avionics Supplier

I bought everything (GRT, TruTrak, Transponder, SL30) through Stark Avionics.
Tony and John are good to deal with.
I highly recommend Stark Avionics.

Roy C Lewis Jr
RV8QB

No CC'd?

Rick6a said:
Contact John Stark. His is about the best pricing you will likely find on Garmin avionics because he does NOT accept plastic. By refusing to pay tribute to the card companies he is in a position to pass significant savings on to the customer. http://www.starkavionics.com/

I outfitted 2 planes from Stark, both paid by CC. Perhaps he has changed the rules in the past year since my last big purchase.

On my 8, he miswired the the tuned inputs on the 430, and it did not pass the smoke test. Nearly went up in flames. :( Garmin fixed under warrantee.

Cost me shipping, 2 days of wire traces thinking it was something I did. :eek:

Last edited:
One thing you might consider. I had Stein Bunch at SteinAir build my entire panel. Three system GRT with TruTrak autopilot, 300XL GPS/Comm, SL 30, etc. and he not only cut the panel holes and mounted everything but he is going to ship it completed mounted in the panel after bench testing the entire system.

Hard to go wrong with such an install.

Russ Daves

Paper or plastic?

Kahuna said:
I outfitted 2 planes from Stark, both paid by CC. Perhaps he has changed the rules in the past year since my last big purchase.
Maybe he has changed the rules since I bought a 430 stack and wiring harness from him in July of 2004. At the time, he was quite clear about the no credit card policy.