LifeofReiley

Well Known Member
can I find all metal/aluminum NACA ducts for sale? I've looked everywhere that I can think of... Anybody? Somebody surely has to make them I would think. :)

I believe that I've seen one of these before, made by a guy in the Tennessee Valley RV Builders Group. He is a very talented sheetmetal craftsman and made all his fairings from aluminum.

Try "tha barn" link, it may be there.

Glenn Wilkinson

Nope, that's non-metallic. He might could use it to make a forming block, but I think he'd end up having to weld a bit to get the hose connection. Welding aluminum, especially thin material, is not easy.

D,

Looked around for a while, and saw carbon fiber, clear plastic, you name it...no metal, except for maybe this item on e-bay. Not sure if its all metal tho.

No idea if its in the ball park, and looks a little worn. Is it for an RV? If so, why NACA Metallica? Not bashin', just wunderin...and "why not" is acceptable, brudda! ;)

Cheers,
Bob

D,

Looked around for a while, and saw carbon fiber, clear plastic, you name it...no metal, except for maybe this item on e-bay. Not sure if its all metal tho.

No idea if its in the ball park, and looks a little worn. Is it for an RV? If so, why NACA Metallica? Not bashin', just wunderin...and "why not" is acceptable, brudda! ;)

Cheers,
Bob

Hey Bob,

Well, uhh... hmm... it's not for me, it's for one of our Buds, he's finishing the meltdown on unit #2. :eek: Yeah, it will need to metalicaaa! :)

naca

I am sure the ones in my maule are al. I added one a few years ago. I believe it had some paperwork with it that included a vendor name. I will check later. I purchased mine from maule so I had had certs for my A&P. Ron