Aviator168

Well Known Member
I am not a plane owner yet. Definitely will become one when kids finishes school. However, where I live is considered busy area (Long Island New York, 10 minutes from Republic) and expensive. I was thinking moving into an airpark when the time comes. But since the wife does not want to move, I really have no other choice. I really don't know what to do with that future plane. Any advice to keep that dream alive?

At home (for now)

Hi Aviator168 and welcome! You brought good memories. I flew out of Republic as a student pilot. KISP was my dream to have a roof there.

Do you want an advice? Here it is -get the tail kit for RV-10 (you have kids right?) and start building in your house. By the time you finish you will have multiple choices of hangaring/parking/anything and a lot of friends. I am positive on LI there are choices.

You came to right place in right time.

That's encouraging. I still have to find parking space. Republic has become very busy and my office is less than a mile north of it. Islip is commercial and Brookhaven is a bit too far. I can definitely build the tail and one wing in the garage, but what about the rest of the aircraft. Beside, I was think about building with QB kit.

parking

try 1n2 spardo's. out east more but there are 5 rv's out there plus a lot of other neat stuff. i have a rv-4 there. it's worth the ride out also right next door is lufkers grass field.

danny
rv-4
N14FT

I live in Massapequa Park. I fly my 6 out of 1N2 also, Spadaro's. It's a 45 minute ride east but well worth it. Your out in the boonies, no traffic, no control towers. I would not fly out of republic, too busy for me. Take a ride out there one weekend and we'll get you a ride in an RV.

Richard Fazio
516 313 8119

Thanks for the invitation. I live in N. Massapequa and probably 5 minutes from you. Is there a RV club on the island?

parking

not really a club, all of us know eachother and usually make plans to fly together. we meet at spadro's and go from there. come on out, best time is on the weekends. always something going on.

dan carley
RV4
N14FT

classic

Hi Aviator168 and welcome! You brought good memories. I flew out of Republic as a student pilot. KISP was my dream to have a roof there.

Do you want an advice? Here it is -get the tail kit for RV-10 (you have kids right?) and start building in your house. By the time you finish you will have multiple choices of hangaring/parking/anything and a lot of friends. I am positive on LI there are choices.

You came to right place in right time.

The last few posts are a classic example and a testament to the RV community...:)