chepburn

Well Known Member
Hi all,
I have got an IO-360 A1B, and I am looking for a 3/8 pipe to 3/8 tube and 1/4 tube T fitting (Configured like an AN826-6D) or combination of fittings to achieve the same result. I want to take my fuel pressure off of the mechanical fuel pump outlet using a 1/4 " hose....so far I have only been able to locate AN fittings with 3/8" all the way around. Even a fitting with a male 3/8 pipe , and a male 3/8 tube and a female 3/8 pipe would work since I could then use a reducer.
I have poked around ACS and Vans with no luck....

(Of course, I am also open to suggestions on an alternate location for my pressure tap that won't require this T junction....)
Thanks for your help,

Chris

(BTW, after reading the IMC engine out thread, I dont want to use a short piece of 3/8 tube to 1/4 adapter solution.)

Pipe thread??

I am confused by the 3/8" pipe thread reference.

It is my understanding that Lycoming fuel pumps use a "straight thread/o-ring/washer/gland nut" fitting. Sorry, I don't have a generic spec handy without a literature dig.

A picture of fuel pump fittings is at the bottom of the following page on ACS website.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/contlycfuelpump.php

One of them has a 1/8 NPT female tap for adding your own separate fitting for fuel pressure.

For oddball fittings like this I suggest you take some off-the shelf stainless fittings, cut them up and have someone TIG weld it together... every so often I do this sort of thing.

Thanks Bill!!!

Couldn't find the forest for the trees!

Thats exactly what I am looking for. (BTW, also thanks for steering me in the correct thread type direction as well... I hadn't looked at the Lyc manual yet)

Chris

I am confused by the 3/8" pipe thread reference.

It is my understanding that Lycoming fuel pumps use a "straight thread/o-ring/washer/gland nut" fitting. Sorry, I don't have a generic spec handy without a literature dig.

A picture of fuel pump fittings is at the bottom of the following page on ACS website.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/contlycfuelpump.php

One of them has a 1/8 NPT female tap for adding your own separate fitting for fuel pressure.