Dayton Murdock

Well Known Member
Just overhauled the tank senders and chased down a PTT interference issue.
“Have a Great 4th”
I will be re-assembling most of the week end

mlpcmb.jpg

66mf7k.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested in what your PTT interference issue was and what you did about it. Got one of these myself...
Thanks
Erich

Hi All

Over the weekend I installed a capacitor across the PPT switch without any change in the transmit interference. After describing the problem to my long time friend and aircraft guru Jess Edwards, he said that I have an intermittent mic-jack ground. The nut on the jack was not tight, the insulation washer was distorted, I have change all of that and I will fly tonight, Jess also instructed me to power down the radio or the intercom to help isolate where the static is originating from. I will update after I fly.

intermittent mic-jack ground

Well Guys

I still have a intermittent mic-jack ground

Next I am going to try a jumper from the mic-jack to a radio ground point :mad:

Annual time

After returning from Oshkosh I had some issues to take care of. My left brake was soft and the right brake is making noise. The PPT fix isn?t, although I did install an auxiliary PPT button next to the mic jack and it performed flawlessly throughout my trip. The PTT button requires a direct ground wire and I will install it during this inspection. Also I found that the carb-heat lever has oblong its hole (has this happen to anyone else) I have my work cut out for me if I am going to home coming

sz749k.jpg

Left brake may have a leak

xf98rd.jpg

Hole is really big on the bug nut shaft

Hole is really big on the bug nut shaft

Yep. I had the same problem. Here is my solution. Working great for ~350hrs. When I did that rework, I also replaced the carb heat door hinge with a simple piece of baffle material. lovin' it. I call it the Zilik hinge for the source of the idea.

2n1ygqq.jpg