FlyingArcher

Well Known Member
Hello,

Maybe I don't know how to name these things in English, but I'm unable to find any part number for the many plastic caps and covers that help closing all the open holes of an engine when it has to be stored for a long time.
I've seen them on an engine our club mechanics just received, but unfortunately he has to put them back on the core he returns to Lycoming.

If you see what I'm talking about and know a source, please point me to it so I can order a set for my O-320.

Many thanks

Hello,

Maybe I don't know how to name these things in English, but I'm unable to find any part number for the many plastic caps and covers that help closing all the open holes of an engine when it has to be stored for a long time.
I've seen them on an engine our club mechanics just received, but unfortunately he has to put them back on the core he returns to Lycoming.

If you see what I'm talking about and know a source, please point me to it so I can order a set for my O-320.

Many thanks

What sizes are you looking for (-4, -6, -8 ect.)?

des bouchons

Try a hydraulic supply company which makes hoses and sells hydraulic components like cylinders and valves.

Ken

Aircraft Spruce carries a large assortment. They are listed as CAPLUGS. Dimensions are given in inches and mm.

Assortment? Maybe I'm asking too much...

What sizes are you looking for (-4, -6, -8 ect.)?

Good question. I was hoping to find all the necessary sizes and quantity to close all the holes of a Lycoming O-320 that will have to wait quite a long time before I'm ready to install it on a -9A airframe...
My expectation was that someone would have built a "preservation kit" of some sort, but I guess I'll have to build the assortment myself :eek:

Thanks anyway to Mahlon and Noel for the links, I had searched caps, plugs but not caplugs :D

Good question. I was hoping to find all the necessary sizes and quantity to close all the holes of a Lycoming O-320 that will have to wait quite a long time before I'm ready to install it on a -9A airframe...
My expectation was that someone would have built a "preservation kit" of some sort, but I guess I'll have to build the assortment myself :eek:

Thanks anyway to Mahlon and Noel for the links, I had searched caps, plugs but not caplugs :D

Take a look at our site, AN Adapters then go to page 6.

www.bonacoinc.com