rv9aviator

Well Known Member
Do the flexable hoses that go from the firewall bulkhead to the pilot side brake cylinders come with the fuselage kit or the finish kit? I have the 1/4 inch plastic tubing but the larger made up hoses that show on the plans are nowhere to be found. I have not ordered the finish kit yet.
Thanks

yup they are in the finish kit. build on, you have lots to do and they go in pretty easy. i would not put the rudder pedals in permanently yet as you have to mount the gascolator bracket etc onto the firewall too. We just waited and got everything else pretty close to done then got the finish kit.

Brake Lines

They are cleverly hidden within the gear fairing plastic covering. I spent hours searching for them before finally ordering new ones from Van's. That dull roar you might have heard was me loudly and repeatedly going through my vocabulary. Found the originals after installling the new ones. I'm going to use the "extra" set to provide a flexible connection between the gear legs and calipers. Another lesson learned - inventory and store item by item.

Brake Hose Routing

The problem is that you will find that the hoses are routed on the pilots side of the rudder pedals. What a bummer! I would have thought that we could have figured out a way to get them out of the way of those busy feet. All that it would take is to have master cylinders with fitting attachments on the back side. Oh well...

Tom