Stewie

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all-
Building an RV4 but I think this question might be relevant to other models (depending on the clarity of the instructions). I searched through the forums but was not able to find an answer to this question:

For both the horizontal and vertical stabilizers, instructions are clear about riveting to the internal ribs and froward/rear spars, but say nothing about riveting the skin to the inboard ribs/outboard tip ribs. I assume this is taken for granted, but just want to make sure. Perhaps they are left unriveted for some future fitting purpose? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stewie

The outboard ribs can be zipped up anytime as the tips attach to the overhanging skin. On the inboard ribs you will be attaching your fairing here. The method and amount of screws varies builder to builder but few use all of the screws and nutplates called out in the plans. So, you can go ahead and rivet these ribs knowing that you will most likely drill out a few when you plan your fairing attachment or you can leave them open for now.