Bill_H

Well Known Member
Patron
Page 23-06 indicates that several rivets are to be left open. There are 4 in particular for this question. They are at:
Begin at the aft bottom edge of the skin. That bottom row is left open for the later baggage corner skins added on page 25-04. The row ABOVE that has 4 rivets being left open.
These four rivets wind up being the second row of rivets right above where the flaperon torque tube exits the fuselage and connects to the flaperon.

I am way past this in the build but have never come across anything telling me to rivet these 4 holes. They seem to just connect to the baggage floor skin. I thought maybe there was a fuel tank bracket involved but looking ahead there does not seem to be, and that would not explain leaving them open on the pilot side.
Advice?
Thanks, Bill_H

23-06

I believe those 4 rivets in question are for the baggage floor. There needs to be a certain amount of play and give in the parts to enable the fuselage and tail to be joined together. I would wait until the plans say to put the rivets in. Although there were a few mistakes and omissions in early kit plans, they should be all corrected by now.
Joe