goatflieg

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm just about to close up the horizontal stabilizer; all rivets are set except the rear spar assembly, which is clecoed in place. Once I drive that first rivet, the horizontal stabilizer is CLOSED... so before I did, I thought I'd get opinions on whether to have anything looked at before I rivet the rear spar assembly in place.

There is no hard requirement for in-process inspections. It is recommended to have a tech counselor inspect your work before you get very far into the build. This will allow you to correct any bad habits you may be starting out with. I recommend you get an inspection before closing up that first part.

Inspection

There is no hard requirement for in-process inspections. It is recommended to have a tech counselor inspect your work before you get very far into the build. This will allow you to correct any bad habits you may be starting out with. I recommend you get an inspection before closing up that first part.

Agreed.
If you can't get an EAA Tech Inspector to visit soon, ask a mentor to check the work before closing the part. After the good news, your inspections can be farther apart. After the empennage is done, before closing tanks, before closing wings and so on.

I'm just about to close up the horizontal stabilizer; all rivets are set except the rear spar assembly, which is clecoed in place. Once I drive that first rivet, the horizontal stabilizer is CLOSED... so before I did, I thought I'd get opinions on whether to have anything looked at before I rivet the rear spar assembly in place.

That is when I had mine inspected.