ccrawford

Well Known Member
Greetings,

I'm starting to plan my finish-up tasks and that got me to wondering .. when do I need to find a DAR and determine his/her expectations? (Will he/she require a wet compass? et cetera..).

At what point should I reach out to a DAR to availability and consultation? 2 months out from being done?

And what the heck does "done" mean, every every thing is in its place or everything running minus interior and with every removable cover removed (say, the wing root fairing)?

Thanks!

It looks like you already have the aircraft registered.
Find your DAR now. He can send you a paperwork package and discuss his/her expectations.

BTW, he/she should NOT require a "wet" compass. The regulations only call for a "magnetic direction indicator", and even that is only required for night and/or instrument flight operations. 91.205 does not apply for day VFR operations.

My N number was registered for insurance/loan purposes, but that was a few years ago. I'm probably still 6mos away from having the canopy done and final wiring complete (almost done with cowl while waiting for warmer weather).

I don't want to waste anyone's time by getting a DAR involved too early.

But: I will start to poke around and see what local recommendations I can find.

Thanks!