pierre smith

Well Known Member
....I was wondering if anyone has a program with all the data for an RV-x already on a CD or memory stick that contains all the airplane parameters like fuel amount, redlines, yellow arcs and flap speed, etc.

I've helped my buddy with his Dynon twice now and it sure takes a lot of time to enter all the numbers. Sure would be nice to have all the info for a 180 Lyc RV-6 or any other model for that matter. If it could be plugged in the USB port and go. I have a GRT HX that's going in my -6 later this year.

Regards,

For the GRT, you could theoretically take a back-up file from one airplane and upload it to another - so long as all of the wiring and equipment were identical, it would work perfectly. That means the airplanes would have to have the same serial data ports between boxes configured the same way. Now, the truth is, I have rarely seen two planes wired exactly the same way....but you could do a transfer like this, which should carry over all of the configuration stuff (like instrument arcs, limits, etc), and then fix the things which aren't right - might give you a head start at least!

Paul

Dynon has this feature

....I was wondering if anyone has a program with all the data for an RV-x already on a CD or memory stick that contains all the airplane parameters like fuel amount, redlines, yellow arcs and flap speed, etc.
Regards,

Dynon has such a feature built into their update program. It creates a file known as EFIS-D100_settings.efs from the D100 and the D180. It also allows you to download or upload all of the checklist info via a file known as checklists.ckl

You're welcome to a copy of mine if you'll send me your email address. Of course, my checklists reference local airports but they are a good starting point.

Barry @ arizonaairparks.com

Give me a call ...

I've helped my buddy with his Dynon twice now and it sure takes a lot of time to enter all the numbers. Sure would be nice to have all the info for a 180 Lyc RV-6 or any other model for that matter. If it could be plugged in the USB port and go. I have a GRT HX that's going in my -6 later this year.

Regards,
Pierre,

I may have the RV9A that you flew in a while back up here in Columbia for a while in a day or two.

If you do not have and answer in a few days, give me a call or email.

It is a dual screen Horizon for a fuel injected O-320, 160HO config. Got memory stick and we can discuss the "mods" you might have to do.

James

Thanks guys....

You're welcome to a copy of mine if you'll send me your email address. Of course, my checklists reference local airports but they are a good starting point.

Barry @ arizonaairparks.com

I have a GRT HX, Barry. Will the Dynon info work with it?

James: I'll contact you shortly because IIRC, the yellow oil pressure, temps and redlines, etc. are the same between 0-320's and 0-360's....we have one of each in my hangar.

Regards,

No, you cannot mix this data.. Dynon's software has no "meaning" on GRT, AFS, or any other EFIS..

Anyways, this may be a good idea for GRT... to set up a bank of these config files... and then you just download the one that is the (closest) match for your unit..

GRT... hint hint... :)

Pierre, we can hook you up.. we have a HX here in Charlotte, if you need the file.. but you'll probably need to re-do a lot of the settings as ports probably won't match yours..

Or....

Anyways, this may be a good idea for GRT... to set up a bank of these config files... and then you just download the one that is the (closest) match for your unit..

GRT... hint hint... :)

...They could load it for you upon purchase!!:) Simply let them know you have an IO-360 in an RV-7 or whatever, and with their in-house files, load it. I do suppose we'd have to calibrate the fuel indicators though...or not?

Thanks,

I do suppose we'd have to calibrate the fuel indicators though...or not?

Yup - each sensor and tank is unique, so a factory file would probably let folks fly around with badly calibrated tank sensors. Delivering it with NO calibration data means you have nothing unless you go through the effort, which you really need to do!

Paul