luv2flypilot

Well Known Member
I had my original inspection, airworthy certificate, and operating limitations issued on 3/27/09. With about 7 hours on the airplane a new airworthy certificate and operating limitations was issued on 5/13/09 due to the fact that my test area was changed.

Is my condition inspection due by 3/31/2010 or by 5/31/09 since a new airworthy certificate and operating limitations were reissued.

Last edited by a moderator:
The airworthiness certificate date and the operating limitation issue date has nothing to do with the annual condition inspection due date. Your annual condition inspection is due by 4/1/2010. No Aprils fooling. ;)

Last edited:
progressive makes it easy

There's a lot of good articles on this website concerning progressive condition inspections. I just completed mine after starting in late Nov.
Beats waiting till the end of the month.

Barry
Tucson

Last edited by a moderator:
The airworthiness certificate date and the operating limitation issue date has nothing to do with the annual condition inspection due date. Your annual condition inspection is due by 4/1/2010. No Aprils fooling. ;)

I think something just as important is that you know why...

Your operating limitations are what specifiy the inspection requirements.
The generally say that it has to be within the previous 12 months.
That is why you get until April 1 because you get the full month of the 12th month regardless of what day it is signed off. If you sign off on April 1 you will be good until the last day of April next year.

I had my original inspection, airworthy certificate, and operating limitations issued on 3/27/09. With about 7 hours on the airplane a new airworthy certificate and operating limitations was issued on 5/13/09 due to the fact that my test area was changed.

Is my condition inspection due by 3/31/2010 or by 5/31/09 since a new airworthy certificate and operating limitations were reissued.

FAA Order 8130.2F change 4 recommends that the ASI / DAR write in the log book when the next inspection is due. It should be right after the entry that states the aircraft meets the requirements for the certificate requested.

Did the ASI / DAR write something in the log with the new airworthiness certificate and operating limitations? IF not, then the Operating Limitations should state within 12 calendar months of the last inspection. New airworthiness certificate and operating limitations does not necessary mean a new inspection. READ the OpLims and the entry in the log book.

Last edited:

This is true if you want to operate the Aircraft. If you don't like the month that the inspection falls in, you can inspect early and change your due time next year. Or you can not fly for the month of Jan. If you want to push your next insp to March 1, you will need to do this inspection in Feb.:eek:

Or you can push it ahead a month at a time with no lost flight time.

Last edited:
Checked The Log Entry

Did the ASI / DAR write something in the log with the new airworthiness certificate and operating limitations? IF not, then the Operating Limitations should state within 12 calendar months of the last inspection. New airworthiness certificate and operating limitations does not necessary mean a new inspection. READ the OpLims and the entry in the log book.

Gary,
I checked my log book and the DAR write that the next inspection is due 3/27/09 and on the 5/13/09 entry noting that the airworthy certificate has been amended. I will plan on performing my conditional inspection in March and finish it on 4/1/09 with the log entry so that I can extend it to being required by 4/30/11 the following year.

Thanks,

You can also...

Do a condition inspection at any time, to 'reset the clock'. So if you want to do your condition inspections in say, October, just do a CI this October :cool:

I checked my log book and the DAR write that the next inspection is due 3/27/09 and on the 5/13/09 entry noting that the airworthy certificate has been amended.

Check your operating limitations. The limitation requiring the condition inspection should say that the inspection is required "within the preceding 12 calendar months." That means that your condition inspection runs to the end of the month, just like an annual on a TCed aircraft.

If your original airworthiness sign-off stated "3/27/09" you must have performed an inspection on or before that date, so assuming you signed off the inspection in March of 2009 your next inspection will be due on or before 31 March 2010. If you sign off the next one on 4/1/2010, it will be valid through 4/30/2011.

Just want to clarify

Just want to clarify I understand correctly that if I begin my conditional inspection say March 15th 2010 and I complete it on April 1st 2010, I can then sign it off as completed 4/1/10 and the next CI will not be due until 4/30/11?

That's correct!
And BTW, As Paul would say. It's a condition inspection. There's nothing conditional about it.

Just want to clarify I understand correctly that if I begin my conditional inspection say March 15th 2010 and I complete it on April 1st 2010, I can then sign it off as completed 4/1/10 and the next CI will not be due until 4/30/11?

Actually, it is due "prior to" 5/1/2011. ;)

Last edited:
grammatical correctness!

That's correct!
And BTW, As Paul would say. It's a condition inspection. There's nothing conditional about it.
Well, ok. Now that Mel is pointing out the grammatical correctness of the previous post I am going to hijack this thread just a little. Tongue planted firmly in cheek mind you! :D

"Where were you when I was looking for where you were?"

This question has a totally different meaning when it is incorrectly written like this:

"Where where you when I was looking for where you where?"

Actually, it is due prior to 5/1/2011. ;)

NOPE.......... HE HAS THIS RIGHT.. IT WILL BE DUE 4/30/11. And can't fly the aircraft on 5/1/11 without a complete inspection.

gasman, I hope you realize all caps means YOUR SHOUTING! :eek: Please use lower caps.

You need to understand what the words "prior to" means, and also the ";)" sign. "Prior to" means (and this is a question on the FAA maintenance inspection tests) before XXXXX date. Of course he cannot fly after 4/30/2011 unless he has it signed off. This is why he must have the inspection completed and a log book entry PRIOR TO 5/1/2011.

;) = means there is humor in there somewhere.

;)

gasman, I hope you realize all caps means YOUR SHOUTING! :eek: Please use lower caps.

You need to understand what the words "prior to" means, and also the ";)" sign. "Prior to" means (and this is a question on the FAA maintenance inspection tests) before XXXXX date. Of course he cannot fly after 4/30/2011 unless he has it signed off. This is why he must have the inspection completed and a log book entry PRIOR TO 5/1/2011.;) = means there is humor in there somewhere.

Your post contained information that was NOT CORRECT. The date of 5/1/11 was 5/1/10 in your post. And that's what made me reply. I see you corrected it.

As far as all caps..... read it the way that you want....... BUT I WAS NOT SHOUTING!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

All this shouting reminds of the relatives during the holidays:D. Glad to feel the ole familiar love ;).

Your post contained information that was NOT CORRECT. The date of 5/1/11 was 5/1/10 in your post. And that's what made me reply. I see you corrected it.

As far as all caps..... read it the way that you want....... BUT I WAS NOT SHOUTING!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

All this shouting reminds of the relatives during the holidays:D. Glad to feel the ole familiar love ;).

Ah! Now I get it!:eek: When you see someone with incorrect info or typing errors send them a PM (private message).

Merry Christmas! :D

Last edited: