Xkuzme1

Well Known Member
I tried to use my strobes last week and my RH wing strobe didn't work. I wasn't under them impression that they just stop working like that. My strobes probably have less than 5 hours of total use on them. They are right next to my landing light. Can they get too hot?

Is there a direct replacement with a cheaper option? I don't really want to buy a replacement for $158 and have it fail again. I have posted a pic below of my setup.

Thoughts or help appreciated.

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B75S03sk7sCyNHBaNUd1N3BMT0U

Time for some troubleshooting.
What strobe pack configuration do you have. Single or Dual.
Simplest way to test them is to swap light with a known working one, or swap packs if you have a dual pack. If a single pack, its unlikely that one side had failed. If a single pack, you can swap connectors and see if the problem continues. Swapping lights around will also help diagnose the problem. Landing light near by not a likely culprit. The strobe light is replaceable at a much cheaper cost if its the bulb. Also thats not an A625.

I hadn't thought about exchanging the right side for the left side. That makes absolute sense. I figured the bulb was the most likely culprit. The wiring does sound like it could be a suspect. I installed a wingtip antenna last year and to be honest, I just don't use the strobes much. I do not know it it is a single pack or dual pack. This is what I pulled out of the wingtip. The connector plus is just barely out of reach without taking off the wingtip.

open