Tharpo

I have an older 4 that has been converted to the longer gear. The old mounting plates do not allow the pants to line up as they should.( been flying sans pants.) Does anyone know if the plates are the same for the long and short gear. I have the old set of plans only.
Thanks

Last edited:
Can't help on your question, but I have an older short leg 4 that has no wheelpants and if you won't need old mounting plates I would be interested in them...
Charles

Wheelpant plate

I have only one, and can't turn it loose right now. I have made copies from the plans(full scale) if that will help you. Send a PM ,and I'll get them to you.
Blessings
Tharpo

I can't answer your question either, but I know www.fairings-etc.com sells a set of stainless steel wheel pant brackets. They aren't shown on the website, but are listed on the order form and the install directions are listed in the "instruction booklet" .pdf that's downloadable. Hope this helps.

brackets

I suspect they are the same. I replaced my old style, one piece wheel pants last winter with the new ,2 piece variety and they came with all the hardware from Vans. I have short gear and they fit fine, don't think the longer gear would have presented any problem.

Cheers

The plates are the same - that is to say the plates for the two place fairings work on wither long or short gear. The plates for the old one-piece fairings are different and IIRC you have to fabricate them. But them you had to fabricate a lot of things in the old days.

I don't understand how the plates won't let you line the fairings up correctly. You drill the mounting holes AFTER you have the failings aligned so by default the will allow you to align them correctly.

Something does no make sense.

Holes in pants

I no make sense sometimes. What I forgot to mention was that I have the original(one piece) pants. They were once upon a time mounted on the original short gear. I have one of the original mounting plates, and the pants,being already drilled, will not line up aerodynamically with the fuse,using the original holes,now that the plane is on the long gear. Should I glass over the holes and re-drill, or would ya'll go for the two piece pants mentioned above?
Tnx
Tharpo