Jcurry

Well Known Member
Hi,
1. Just wondering if anyone has made their own wheel pants? If so, do you have a link to how you did it?
2. Has anyone used wheel pants from another vendor or aircraft that looks good on the -12?

Just looking for options. I called Vans and I really didn't get a good expected timeline if I went ahead and ordered them.

Thanks

Hi,
1. Just wondering if anyone has made their own wheel pants? If so, do you have a link to how you did it?
2. Has anyone used wheel pants from another vendor or aircraft that looks good on the -12?

Just looking for options. I called Vans and I really didn't get a good expected timeline if I went ahead and ordered them.

Thanks

Did it sound especially long, or just uncertain? I ordered them a couple weeks ago, but I'm almost glad to hear it's a longer delay since I'm just about ready for inspection and I won't have to fight back the urge to delay in order to do the wheel pants.

Did it sound especially long, or just uncertain? I ordered them a couple weeks ago, but I'm almost glad to hear it's a longer delay since I'm just about ready for inspection and I won't have to fight back the urge to delay in order to do the wheel pants.

To me the answer was uncertain and clear as mud.
If I understood her correctly, about 168 pieces are on order. The fiberglass guy brings about 6 pieces a week but some pieces are on back order.......

Would you please let me know if you get an anticipated arrival time?
Thanks

mold for wheelpant

A guy in the Netherlands offers molds for RV12 wheel pants.
And cowlings en wingtips, but all separate.
If you want I'll provide details ?

Greets

I watched this video to get some ideas for molding in the fairings along the front/back split line. Lots of work, but it was worth it.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

Awesome! Beautiful! Great work! I really want to try and do them myself.

Last edited:
To me the answer was uncertain and clear as mud.
If I understood her correctly, about 168 pieces are on order. The fiberglass guy brings about 6 pieces a week but some pieces are on back order.......

Would you please let me know if you get an anticipated arrival time?
Thanks

I just got the ship notice for the wheel fairings kit.