corbinace

Good morning,

The common practice calls for one inch of clearance above the tire for the wheel pant. Can this be safely reduced? If so, what is the least amount of space/clearance one should allow? What is the most amount that the tire could grow. Snow is not really a concern for me, as I have only flown off of it maybe three times in 13 years. What else am I missing?

I am fitting the large wheel pants around my current 6x600 (17" dia) tires until they wear out when I will install already purchased 6X15 (15" dia) tires. The reason for not just fitting them to the smaller tires now is that, I may not like the 6X15s and may want to go back to the 6X600s later.

Thanks for the insight, Tim.

If the new tire (same size) is more square then the existing one, it could get too close to the edges. With one inch clearnce you are rather safe with a square type tire as well.

bottom clearance, too

I just discovered that a hard landing can damage the bottom of the main wheel fairings. Mine are mounted with very little clearance to top of tire. I have to use short screws at the peak of the tire to join front and read halves of the pants. Just a thought for you.