647jc

Well Known Member
I'm looking to buy a set of travel wheel chocks for an RV9A. Aircraft Spruce sells a set of aluminum chocks in 3 sizes and two colors. Anyone familiar with these, what size works best for an RV?

J.C.

make yer own

Being a tight wad by nature, I made my own out of scrap angle alum. It took one afternoon of labor to drill lightening holes and a trip to Home Depot for rope and a can of PlastiDip. Not quite as polished as a commercial product, but fully functional. The PlastiDip makes 'em no slip.

I'm a tightwad, too! 1x1x1/8" alum angle from the aviation aisle at Home Depot...a drill press & a unibit, and there ya go. Not fancy, but they work.

20050623_chocks1.jpg

20050623_chocks2.jpg

A few years ago I saw a few RVs parked at my home field they all use home made chocks. After I built my own RV I took their idea and built myself three chocks. They are made of 1/2" PVC pipe. Each chock uses two 90 degree union and three pieces of PVC pipes. Cut two pieces 5" each and one about 8" for nose and 9" for main. Glue than together and you got a light weight chock.

DSCN7382-full.jpg

Been using the "PVC" chocks for over 25 years. Light, easy, and cheap!