RScott

Well Known Member
Got my engine--thanks for all the suggestions about getting it home.

Now it's here & I need to return the pallet with the neat brackets that supported it while traveling.

So I'm going to put it on some kind of cart with casters so I can move it. How do you support it so nothing breaks from the weight? It's a used engine, so I have nothing from the manufacturer.

I'm not keen on just setting it the sump, with studs poking down that would take all the weight.

Scott:

I made a cart that supported the engine while it was upside down. This bathed the camshaft in oil the close to two years I stored it.

The engine rested on the case right behind the crank/prop flange and then on the motor mounts at its rear. I had it on wheels as you mentioned so I could move it around the shop as needed.

enginestored1zj7.jpg

enginestand1xo4.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to recommend the tire at first but was afraid I'd get flamed, LOL. I use that method for auto engines all the time.

My little VeeDub 1200 was stored on a used/expired Falcon 20 tire until I tore it apart this winter...it's going right back on that tire after I put it back together...:cool: