TerryPancake

Well Known Member
I am to a point where I can rivet my bagage floor down. Should I wait to put "things" under there? What did you put under there?

Thank you....

Since you ask :). I have the strobe PS, ELT, and 1/4" sound insulation.

Jimmy Hoffa. :D

But seriously folks, I put the strobe power pack immediately behind it, but nothing under it. It's just rudder cables, some wire and dust bunnies.

TerryPancake said:
I am to a point where I can rivet my bagage floor down. Should I wait to put "things" under there? What did you put under there? Thank you....
I installed the ELT and the "brain box" for the AOA under the baggage floor.
Down the road, I just might fashion another suitable bay below the baggage area intended to be used only occasionally. On long X-country trips I'd like use of that "free" space to stow items such as ropes and tie downs, a spare fuel cap, inner tube, alternator belt, tools, etc. It is likely others already have done just that.

Unoriginal contents, maybe original method

I cut a big rectangular hole in the baggage floor behind the passenger and put in some nutplates, made a .063" plate to cover and screw down with low-profile #8 screws. I mounted the strobe PS and the ELT to the underside of the plate. No brackets, nothing on the floor, components come out when you unscrew the plate and flip it over so they are easy to service or replace.
No change in ribs except the nutplates. Beveled the edges of the plate, since they are above the contour of the floor. The wires run into the tunnel and back to the tail quite easily from there.
h

Under the floor stuff

Under my floor, I have:
AP brain, electric trim relays and roll servo, TXP antenna, Comm antenna, relays for electric flaps, back up battery for the EFIS and a whole lot of wire runs.