rmartingt

Well Known Member
I have located a source for self-locking P clamps (they have a little tab that holds them shut) and am trying to decide what sizes to order.

$_1.JPG

I'm planning on some -6 for fuel and return lines, and -4 for pitot/static/AOA lines and some wire bundles... but what other sizes have you used? Including using p-clamps for standoffs or securing things to other round items...

Also, what is the largest wire bundle you have in your airplane?

Thanks!

They're commonly referred to as "Adel" clamps, and you'll use a bunch forward of the firewall as they'll wrap around your engine mount to route wires and tubes.

It might vary depending on engine mount size, but I used 10s and 12s (and a couple of 14s) extensively in the engine area.

They're commonly referred to as "Adel" clamps, and you'll use a bunch forward of the firewall as they'll wrap around your engine mount to route wires and tubes.

Oh, I'm quite familiar with the "regular" kind (AS21919...) ;) These ones are special because they hold themselves closed and you don't need to use special tools or methods (safety wire, lacing cord, etc).

I've been looking for them for a while and finally found the manufacturer.