bajapilot

I'm confused - again! I'm now finish with the empennage, the wings and 90% of the fuselage kit. Just putting in fuel and brake lines. I'm scheduled to pick up my finish kit in 4 weeks but don't know what else I'll need in which order.

Would it be best to pick up the engine kit at the same time, do I need it to fit the cowl up? Also is it best to have the avionics kit on hand to do some of the wiring before the panel goes in or should I just do the finish kit and engine install first.

Holding off mounting the tailcone for better access and would like to mount the ADS-B antenna but don't know where it goes. Is it a problem to mount once tail is installed?

Thanks in advance for any tips on this.

Bill Lind

Do some searching. Consensus is that the engine should be attached before fitting the cowl. You don't need the avionics until the end, all the wiring should be already up to the panel by then. The avionics kit itself does not include wiring that leaves the behind-the-panel area. Exception: If you want the ADSB get it and install it NOW not later! It is another coax to the back of the plane.

I know that theoretically you should be able to fit the cowl without the engine, but having the engine in place makes it much easier to get an accurate result. The avionics kit can be left until last.