erikpmort

Well Known Member
What can I expect to get for my navaid single axis autopilot with aileron servo ? Currently installed and working. Moving up to the grt stuff.

Ok guess I should just have this moved to the classifieds and start it at 650$ and see if I get any bites

Its like art...

It's like a great piece of art. The individual who really needs/wants it will pay more. For the rest of us its worth about a nickel. :)

I've got one on my shelf too. Been meaning to "sell" / give away the head and servo, but keep forgetting about it.

Ok guess I should just have this moved to the classifieds and start it at 650$ and see if I get any bites

Erik, the head has nearly no value because most Navaids have been replaced with digital autopilots. There is also no support available for the head. Most likely it will find a home as a spare for those who want to keep their Navaid in service for a while yet.

The servo will still work with a Trio EZ-Pilot so you might get a couple hundred for it if someone is really scrounging for an autopilot.

This probably isn't what you wanted to hear....but you asked. :)

Last edited:
Erik, the head has nearly no value because most Navaids have been replaced with digital autopilots. There is also no support available for the head.

The servo will still work with a Trio EZ-Pilot so you might get a couple hundred for it if someone is really scrounging for an autopilot.

I believe the servo will work with Trio's Pro pilot also.

Erik, the head has nearly no value because most Navaids have been replaced with digital autopilots. There is also no support available for the head. Most likely it will find a home as a spare for those who want to keep their Navaid in service for a while yet.

I have to take issue with that statement. I got $500 for my head and servo.

Not meant to be a snide remark but it is worth whatever someone will pay you for it. One man's junk is another's treasure, etc?.

Only way to find out is to put it out there. You can start with an asking price or just take offers. Set a time limit and take the highest one. Or not.

Free markets have a way of establishing value pretty quickly. But then value has a time component and if you don't vet what you think you want you can always try again later.

If it was me I'd put it on ebay. Never know who is lurking out there that just has to have one.

I have to take issue with that statement. I got $500 for my head and servo.

No need to take issue with my suggestion, glad you got your price.

I got $500 for just the head.....ten years ago..... ;)

But I agree the original poster would have been better served by just sticking a price on it and running an ad instead of asking for opinions.

I thought someone might had seen a couple go for xx price. A couple people have pm me such so it was effective. Thank you