Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
Ann & I just returned from a Caribbean Cruise. Onboard ship we played a game called "What's My Line". Some of you older folks will remember the TV show by the same name.
No one on board could guess my occupation!
They did get somewhat close with questions like;
Are you a pilot?......Yes, but that's not the job.
Do you operate an airport?.....Yes, but that's not the job.
Do you build airplanes?.....Yes, but that's not the job.
It was great fun.
After that, during other "games", whenever I volunteered, the Cruise Director would always say, "and Mel has a VERY unusual occupation."

Well I have no clue what kind of game is that and I've never been on a cruise BUT we were missing you here very much. Your absence was noticeable. Glad you made it safe on that ship:D Fun story though...

Do modern ships have internet?

Last edited:
Glad you and Ann had fun and made it back Mel.

You know, those cruise ships are dangerous! If they don't catch fire, capsize, run aground, or strand you in a strange port due to weather, you're likely to catch some sort of disease from that close-packed mass of people....;)

Aviation is much safer!

Oh....don't you actually have to have a JOB in order to have LINE? :)

Well I have no clue what kind of game is that and I've never been on a cruise BUT we were missing you here very much. Your absence was noticeable. Glad you made it safe on that ship:D Fun story though...

Do modern ships have internet?
Modern ships do indeed have internet. However; (1) I was on vacation (vacations do not include the internet or cell phones!). and (2) I'm too cheap to pay their on-line prices anyway.

Modern ships do indeed have internet. However; (1) I was on vacation (vacations do not include the internet or cell phones!). and (2) I'm too cheap to pay their on-line prices anyway.

OK then. Next time please notify VAF community you are leaving the country and take APRS with you:D

added: and do not worry about the JOB, RV builders will keep you busy.

Glad you and Ann had fun and made it back Mel.

You know, those cruise ships are dangerous! If they don't catch fire, capsize, run aground, or strand you in a strange port due to weather, you're likely to catch some sort of disease from that close-packed mass of people....;)

Aviation is much safer!

You forgot PIRATES! :D

L.Adamson

Yes I remember it well

That sounds like a fun shipboard activity. Yes I remember it well along with 20 Questions and the $64 Dollar Question on radio.

Bob Axsom

OK then. Next time please notify VAF community you are leaving the country and take APRS with you:D

added: and do not worry about the JOB, RV builders will keep you busy.

Here's the problem. How do I notify you guys without telling the world that my home will be empty for 2 weeks?

Need something coded only RV builders can understand

Here's the problem. How do I notify you guys without telling the world that my home will be empty for 2 weeks?

You are right. We will invent you something coded in RV jargon before your next transworld trip.