What would you pay for a VAF smartphone app?

• $21+ I can't get enough

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • $11-20 The convenience of an app would be great

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • $6-10 It'd be nice but I wouldn't pay much for it

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • $1-5 I would rather buy one gallon of mogas and use the free site

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • nothing, I do not even have a smartphone

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

FresnoR

Well Known Member
Fellow Vans Air Force addicts, what would you pay for an exclusive iPhone or Smartphone app (Droid, Blackberry) for the Vans Air Force site and forums?

I am not a developer, and do not plan to do anything like that, but my hopes are to get enough excitement that it would give Doug the motivation to pursue the idea.

So what would you pay?

Last edited:
With the iPhone, the internet browser is a good enough. A special application is not necessary.

I have an iPhone and would NOT pay anything for an app. That option is not in the poll.

I am there with the other posters. I have an I-phone and use the Safari web browser to open VAF. Why pay for an APP when the built in web browser works just fine.

I check the forums every hour or so from the airport with my iPhone to make sure everything is up and running, then email myself suitable stories for the next day's edition from the phone.

At home on the couch in the evenings I surf the site with an iPad. Works like a champ and is a LOT easier on the eyes than the smartphone. Right out of the box works great.

br,
dr

There is an application already built called Forum Runner that is pretty straight forward to implement. It's just needs to be configured, then pushed through the Apple Store. There appears to be multiple licensing models available.

I'm using it for dbstalkand avsforum. My initial impressions are that it's quicker and easier to facilitate navigration than the standard browser interface.

bob

Search button with ios...

Using the search button with ios is funky. You have to start in the field twice to get the text to take.

I only use my iphone to view the forums on occasion, or traveling, such as next week at OSH.

My cell phone is a phone.

No computer stuff, no camera, just a phone.

Where on earth did you find that? I want A PHONE. But I can't find one without a bunch of other stuff on it. I want a Cell phone, with an address book, and a clock. Nothing else. It currently takes 3 minutes to turn on my phone, for it to boot up and all. Irritates me.
I understand some people want internet and all on their phone, but I do not, and too boot, I end up destroying the phones at work anyway. Wish I could find a durable simple phone that worked.

Off my box now... Sorry.

Ben

Last edited by a moderator: