skyyking

It's time to buy the exhaust for the project. Lycoming O-320 vertical draft sump/carburetor, standard Van's cowl. I don't care about "performance" just that it fits and is quiet.
Thanks so much for your interest.

Don't know what is "best", but for your criteria of a system that fits and is quiet, I would suggest you consider a Vetterman exhaust. For quiet, you can get a system with mufflers. Have a look at the Vetterman website. I have a system from them, with mufflers, and it seems very well constructed.
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada
RV-6A finish kit

It's time to buy the exhaust for the project. Lycoming O-320 vertical draft sump/carburetor, standard Van's cowl. I don't care about "performance" just that it fits and is quiet.
Thanks so much for your interest.

What's this quiet business? Noise suppression is power suppression. The Blue Angels would really be boring if they flew around with mufflers. :)

Vetterman's is the best and besides, he's a nice, regular, likable, guy who knows a lot of good stuff. Maybe he sells mufflers too, I don't know. But I sure like the 4 straight stacks. Sort of like a flying Harley.

You'll need a noise cancel headset anyhow so don't sweat it until the feds come along and shush us like is done in Europe. What's the deal over there, does everyone sleep in all day? Or maybe they're tired of noise after WWII. :)

The Best Exhaust is

the one with the best support, Vetterman.

Besides, you have to love the fact that the guy stumbled onto a 4 knot speed improvement trying to keep the prop pulses off the floorboards that people were blaming on his exhaust.

Larry Vetterman constantly experiments with his exhaust/cowling configuration on his 7A, and it benefits us all.

Gotta agree with using Vettermans. I have the crossover on my 9A. Not quiet, but sounds just right (or so I am told, since I have never heard it from the outside)!

greg