Tony,
I think it will depend on what engine monitoring system you choose. They all mount basically the same way, but your instruments will have to be matched to the probe. I really don't think they care what the engine is.
Hope this helps.

I'm just wondering if most people use the clamp style EGT or the fitting that gets welded on? Also, for the CHT if it's the bayonet type that screws into the cylinder or the spark plug style? I've searched the internet but can't seem to find any info on it.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,

Should be the screw-in style CHT probes. I used the "drill a hole in the exhaust pipe" type of EGT. To my mind, these are less likely to have problems since there is no potential weld stress issues, but that is not based on any real experience.

greg

In most all the instrumented RV's I have looked at, you'll find the bayonet style CHT and clamp-on EGT probes. I can't think of any of the EFIS/EIS companies that are using anything else. Simple, easy to install, and easy to maintain.

Paul

Thanks guys, that's all I needed to know! I ended up going with an MGL Mini Xtreme just to be used as an EIS for now. We'll see if I made a good choice once I get it installed and have used it for a while.

Two thumbs up from me for the CHT bayonet style and EGT clamp style with MGL equipment. I have an Enigma, and it's working great!:cool: