Greenley

Well Known Member
Building an RV10 with Garmin G3x touch, full autopilot including yaw, GTN650 and a second radio. Trying to look at what to put on my circuit breaker panel, and what to put on an inflight accessible fuse panel, but not nearly as accessible as the visible circuit breakers. Not using Vertical Power. Primary and backup B & C alternators, and wiring for PMags, but will probably be using shower of sparks to start off with.

Is this a reasonable split between breakers and fuses, suggestions?
Thanks,
Bill

My current thoughts are:
Device B/F
GDU460 G3X Touch 10" Screen Breaker
GDU460 G3X Touch 10" Screen Breaker
GAD29 ARINC nav data Adapter Breaker
GAD27 electonic adapter unit Breaker
GAD27 keep alive Fuse
GSA28 Pitch Servo and Roll Servo (max 2.8 each) Breaker
GSA28 Yaw Servo Breaker
Elevator Trim Breaker
Aileron Trim Breaker
Flaps Breaker
Landing/Taxi Lights Left Fuse
Landing/Taxi Lights Right Fuse
Nav Lights Fuse
Strobe Lights Fuse
GMC307 autopilot control panel Breaker
IBBS-6 avionics backup battery - main bus Fuse
IBBS-6 avionics backup battery - battery/terminal Fuse
GMA245 bluetooth audio panel Breaker
GTR-20 remote mount comm radio Breaker
45R remote ADS-B transponder Breaker
GTN-650 IFR GPS - Comm Breaker
GTN-650 IFR GPS - Nav Breaker
G5 electronic flight display Breaker
GAP-26 heated angle of attack probe Breaker
Primary Alt Fld Breaker
Primary alt volt warn lamp Fuse
Backup Alt Fld Breaker
Backup Alt volt warn lamp Fuse
Panel Lights Fuse
Overhead Spot Lights Fuse
Overhead General Lights Fuse
Fuel Pump Breaker
Left Pmag Breaker
Right Pmag Breaker
USB Power (right) Fuse
USB Power (center) Breaker
USB Power (rear of center console) Fuse
12v powerport (right) Breaker
12v powerport (rear of center console) Fuse
GSU25 ADAHRS unit Breaker
GEA24 engine indication unit Breaker
Overhead Air Control Fuse
defrost fans Fuse
starter contactor Fuse
right/left heat linear actuator Fuse

I did a similar split for some items, partly because I ran out of fuse slots and sub-panel space but also for things like P-Mags, that should have a physical disconnect when charging the battery.

For some, I wanted to *know* if there was a short (can't see the fuse easily) and some because they were needed after the fuse slots were all used up.

* P-Mags (easy disconnect)
* Flaps (want to see it)
* Fuel pump (want to see it)
* Alt Field (want to see it)
* Alt Fail (out of fuse slots)
* Auto pilot servos (AP gone wild/easy disconnect)

EDIT: I would have had one for trim servos but installed the Dynon AP panel, which provides similar safety measures.

Last edited:
Bill,

A few thoughts:
- If you are using the two axis Safety Trim or similar, one breaker for both pitch and roll trim.
- I'm a fan of Switch Breakers instead of a switch with a breaker or fuse. Here is example: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/pbcircuitbrkr2.php You end up with one hole in the panel instead of two. Applications include fuel pump, pitot heat, landing lights, strobe lights, nav lights, Alt field. I know some people don't like these but I have been using them for 14 years without a failure.

Bill,

- I'm a fan of Switch Breakers instead of a switch with a breaker or fuse. Here is example: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/pbcircuitbrkr2.php You end up with one hole in the panel instead of two. Applications include fuel pump, pitot heat, landing lights, strobe lights, nav lights, Alt field. I know some people don't like these but I have been using them for 14 years without a failure.

I personally prefer Klixon and Honeywell as the Tyco quality issues have been known for quite some time.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgSAIB.nsf/dc7bd4f27e5f107486257221005f069d/469f896b8a88d2a886257b2d0066ed6c/$FILE/CE-13-22.pdf