G Swartley

Well Known Member
So here it is.
I waited way too long to order my wings and now have nothing to build.
so anyway the question is what do I do while waiting for my wings which are not to ship for another 3 count them 3 weeks?

Have you started fiberglass work on the tail yet? That's what I did while waiting for my wings.

What about building the wings stands? Did that too while waiting.

Leading edge cradles? Aileron jig?

If you've already done those...mow the yard. I know mine gets neglected when there's an airplane to build! :D

Plan your panel
Plan your wiring needs
Plan your interior
Plan your paint scheme
Finish fiberglass on tail
Oh, and decide on A model or not

Just some suggestions.

* If you haven't done your empennage tips, do 'em now.
* You could work on your electrical system design
* You could visit around other people's projects for ideas, etc.

Knock down the honeydo list?

I found myself in the same situation between wings and fuselage kits. I started an R/C model to add to my fleet of "toys". Still haven't finished it as the fuse kit showed up earlier than expected! Still, it was nice to do something different (if only slightly) for a while. A diversion from RV building can be therapeutic. Or, as a last resort, attend to those things that need to get done (paint the trim, mow the...weeds..), and charge up the marital bank account before the next attack on the RV.

Help another builder with his or her riveting. That way you can "cash in" on that later when you need a riveting partner. :)

Planning out the wiring in the wing is a good idea. After all the countersinking on the main spar and building the rear spar (not a whole lot of work here) the very next thing you do is deburr all of your ribs and drill holes for the wire runs/conduit. I spent about a week figuring out how to route all of the wires, where the pitot lines/wiring gets routed, autopilot etc etc etc.