dustman

Well Known Member
I really needs some advice. I bought an RV 3 that had been wrecked and have been putting it back together for the last year. I built a new eppenage, rudder and put in the new center section for the b wing mod and various other repairs. I took it to the airport put the wings on thinking im onto the home stretch and then. I was going threw inspecting the aircraft and I find a problem. On the right inboard side of the aft center section bulkhead I find that it is has deformed away from the floor of the plane. Im prety certain that this is not normal and will require a lot of work to fix. I am considering a few options #1 burn the plane wife likes this idea, #2 build a new fuselage from scratch,#3 replace center section with new bulkhead along with new bottom skins and side fuselage skins #4 sell off parts and start competly over. As you can probably tell I'm more than a little disapointed with things so far, but I'm not going to give up. Any suggestions as to which direction to go would be appreciated in the mean time a few cold ones are waiting to help clear the mind. Thanks

Is it straight?

The whole airplane i mean.

I would start by taking some careful measurements to make sure they are the same on both sides of the airplane.

You might be able to detect a twist in the airframe.

If everything is straight and true I would be looking at the deformation as a minor issue and replace a few panels as needed.

Are there any torn kins or popped rivets?

Can you get some pics of the area in question?

Hey Dusty....

....send me your phone # and Brian and I will try to fly down this afternoon after Church and look at it with you. Email me pierrejs at bellsouth dot net. Brian's -4 and my -6 should be very close.

Regards,

Last edited: