gmcjetpilot

Well Known Member
So it is time to down size (get rid of junk and stuff I have collected and don't use anymore).
I have over 100 pounds (decades) of EAA magazines going back to late 80's.
I have some very old issues, like the first RV-4 on the cover issue. That is a keeper.

Donate? OK where?
Give away? To whom?
toss trash?
Sell? "One Million Dollars"
4896372.jpg

The dumpster option is easiest. These are all on line. They do have beautiful pictures, and interesting articles for reference. Someone who wants an aviation art project could make a Collage of the pictures. Shipping even at media rate might get expensive.

I might bring to Oshkosh and put them out for people to pick up. May be give to one of the vendors who sells stuff in the Fly Mart?

Last edited:
Good point.... Most of them are old obsolete addresses and PO box I used for almost 7 years. However even an old address is "personal identity" data. I'll get the "sharpie" out or scissors. Thank you. +30 x 12 = +360 magazines. That should take about hour or two. Ha ha.

PS May be I should keep them, if they bring back that reality TV show "Hoarders". Ha ha. I inherited this from my dearly departed sainted Mom... she was a pack rat. (Love you Mom)

Last edited:
My Taylorcraft L-2 was featured in the May 1964 issue of Sport Aviation starting on page 22. I would gladly buy and pay shipping of that issue if you still have it.
PM me if willing.
If anyone else has that issue I extend the same offer to you.
Thanks,

Old magazines

I cut the address off when I finish reading. It's a reminder the magazine has been read and protects our personal info a little.
I used to donate them pre-Covid, but ever since, no one will take them. They go into the recycle bin.
Doctors and hospitals used to love them. I gave up asking, but maybe it's worth trying.
I've considered cutting my AOPA and EAA magazines. Kitplanes is my preference. Maybe because I write an occasional article so I'm biased. :D

I've been receiving digital-only magazines for a few years now, eliminates the matter of what to do with old issues and new ones that arrived looking like they went through a shredder.....