dbuds2

Well Known Member
I've completed my emp, wings, and just put on for the first time the aft fuselage side skins. Sun N Fun is coming in a couple weeks and I thought I'd ask what others have done and when. I love window shopping the radios/EFIS stuff, but I think the engine is my next big purchase and will talk to all the engine shops.

Tentative purchase plans at Sun N Fun:
Bob Nuckolls and Tony Bengalis FWF book.
Strobe/landing light/nav light, hopefullly a fully integrated LED/strobe system for wingtips.
Wire Stripper, wire, PIDG terminals, fuse blocks.
More 1/8" clecos.
SPD-1 ... SERVO SPEED CONTROL and WC2 5 WIRE TEFLON? INSTALLATION CABLE.

What do you recommend including?

SNF is a good place to stock up on quantities of:

grommets - various sizes
clamps - various sizes
wire ties - various sizes
wire splices - various sizes
ring terminals - various sizes
conduit
wire labels

These are things which I could never seem to have enough of during the latter stage of my build. Buy more than you think you'll need.

Save yourself a lot of time and buy what you need when you find it. Don't do the "I'll stop back later" thing. #1 They might be sold out. #2 Finding the same vendor can be VERY confusing at a large airshow, at the very least bring a note pad & pen and take notes! You'll spend hours looking for the booth. That is time wasted.

Last edited:
Aircraft Spruce has free shipping for orders taken, so bring a list for things you might want to get from them. You might have to stand in line for a while, though.