Geico266

Well Known Member
Okay, so you veterians of SnF may have some tips of what to bring to SnF and other tips specific to the flyin, camping, cleaning the plane, etc.

1. One thing I learned is to bring 2-3 6"-12" dics of 3/8 plywood (or something similar) to roll the plane onto. The plane can sink into the sandy soil up to and put pressure on the wheel pants. If you don't bring any discs, make sure to check your tie downs daily, as the plane settles they get loose.

2. Buy one of those "California Wipers" for the dew in the AM. There is always a fine dust around so it's a good time to clean the plane.

3. Bring a cooler and stock up on water at Walmart. Things at the air show are pricey.

4. Pen & paper. Get a little spiral notebook geek thing, comes in real handy to write stuff down. Pocket protector optional. ;)

5. Bring any meds you may need. Stick some asprin in your pocket. Drink water.

Anything I'm forgetting?

Last edited:
1. One thing I learned is to bring 2-3 6"-12" dics of 3/8 plywood (or something similar) to roll the plane onto. The plane can sink into the sandy soil up to and put pressure on the wheel pants. If you don't bring any discs, make sure to check your tie downs daily, as the plane settles they get loose.

This is a new one to me.
Although, I've always parked in the HB(HomeBuilt) section. Maybe the HBC(HomeBuilt Camping) is different. I've never had a problem.

"California Wiper"

OK.....perhaps I'v been here too long....but Huh?:confused:

Brett

I think he means this:
http://tinyurl.com/2m7uao

I would advise against it however. Using a squeege on a mix of dust and dew can scratch the paint unless it has been freshly washed. I'd rather relax, enjoy the show and wash it when I get home. :)

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

This is a new one to me.
Although, I've always parked in the HB(HomeBuilt) section. Maybe the HBC(HomeBuilt Camping) is different. I've never had a problem.

Twice in 4 years my 9A sank up to the wheels pants over at RV flight line.

I think he means this:
http://tinyurl.com/2m7uao

I would advise against it however. Using a squeege on a mix of dust and dew can scratch the paint unless it has been freshly washed. I'd rather relax, enjoy the show and wash it when I get home. :)

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

Actually, this is the best time to get the dust off daily as the water lubricates the squeegy. I'm there all week.I wait till I get home the plane would be a muddy mess.