ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
What's a good video editor for GoPro vids?

For my first flight on Monday, I had three videos rolling. I'm using Windows Movie Maker to edit my videos because it's free and I'm not planning a Hollywood epic. I just need to trim off the ends and add a title. Each cam spit out a different format and WMM didn't like the mp4 file that the GoPro created.

I know an option is to convert the mp4 file to a file that WMM likes but the process is so long as it is I just don't want to make it even longer.

Does anybody suggest a video editing software package that is quick, cheap, and, easy (the story of my life ;) )?

Thanks.

Go to the GoPro website and download CineForm Studio. It's free and has some good trimming and editing features.

AVS Video Editor

I am using AVS video editor, works well, easy to learn, great video tutorial, reasonable cost

Thanks. You know I went to the GoPro site looking for software but it just didn't jump out at me. I'll give it a try tonight.

I have found that Cyberlink Powerdirector ~$75 works great with the Gopro files.

Get the Ultra version.

I am using it with my 64bit Windows 7 machine and it works great. It seems to be optimized to handle the encoding format that the Gopro uses which really speeds up the rendering process.

The free stuff from Gopro seemed to take at least three times as long.

I'm curious! After seeing all the great video's created by the RV clan what software are you using to edit and put together your video's?

Thanks,

Bob

iMovie

I'm a mac guy so I use the stock imovie software loaded on the machine - nothing fancy, but it's fairly easy to use and the price was right! :p

Search panhandler1956 on YouTube to see my stuff.

I use to make professional wedding videos and at that time I used Ulead Media Studio Pro which was a full featured NLE.

That was before the onslaught of HD video sources and codecs.

Just last week I bought a GoPro POV camera and went in search of a program that was cheap but would work well with the codec used by the GoPro.

I ended up buying Cyberlink Power Director Ultra for $75.

It is a true 64 bit program that does almost as much as my old Ulead program. It fully supports the codec that the GoPro produces and renders fast.

It can also create DVD/Blue Ray and AVCHD disk or upload to the video share sites like Vimeo or YouTube.

Works great so far!

Last edited:
I use to make professional wedding videos and at that time I used Ulead Media Studio Pro which was a full featured NLE.

That was before the onslaught of HD video sources and codecs.

Just last week I bought a GoPro POV camera and went in search of a program that was cheap but would work well with the codec used by the GoPro.

I ended up buying Cyberlink Power Director Ultra for $75.

It is a true 64 bit program that does almost as much as my old Ulead program. It fully supports the codec that the GoPro produces and renders fast.

It can also create DVD/Blue Ray and AVCHD disk or upload to the video share sites like Vimeo or YouTube.

Works great so far!

I also used a uLead product in the olden days (Video Studio) but went to Power Director 10 when the Drift HD170 forced me away from the old software. I haven't found any need for the Ultra version but I'm sure I would like it as much as the slightly less expensive version I use.

By the way, I merged the two threads on video software that are currently running.

Last edited: