N941WR

Legacy Member
I need to know what size adel clamps are used

A. On the engine mount?
- 11's are to small and some 12's are to big.

B. To go around the SCAT tubing used for the cabin heat?
- Just trying to isolate things so they don't move around in flight.

Thanks for the help.

For B see cabin heat drawing (FWF) -- they have you use a small strip of stainless steel to wrap around the scat tubing.. but I guess lacing cord would work there too?

Most of the engine mount tubes should be 3/4" dia, which should fit a -12 Adel clamp. The tube that runs left to right behind the engine might be larger diameter - it is 7/8" on my RV-8 (-14 Adel clamp). If you've got a clamp that is a bit loose, you could wrap a few turns of electrical tape around the mount first to increase the diameter a bit.

Clamp info

This may help you.

We even stock some clamps that have 1/4" mounting holes, if you need them.

go to http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/

On the menu on the left go to "Clamps"

expand that and see more choices.

The little wrenches will get you PDF's of the ones that are identified either to the left of the Wrench or above it.

The Text in the menu's will either take you deeper into the selections or into the sales portion of the store.

Hope this helps.

Bill on thing that will help is knowing how the adels are numbered. Adels are in 1/16th inch increments. so a #16 is a 1"

If you have a 2" scat, it will be a #32. Your engine mount will be 12's, and so forth.

LACING CORD

Radomir said:
For B see cabin heat drawing (FWF) -- they have you use a small strip of stainless steel to wrap around the scat tubing.. but I guess lacing cord would work there too?
Lacing cord won't wear out the scat tubing like an adel clamp or a ss strap.

Look for "KOROSEAL LACING"