rv6builder48138

Just curious, what have you found and purchased on Ebay? What are some good categories/searches to do? It'd be nice to know about anything/everything from tools, to parts, avionics, pilot supplies, books, training items, and even complete aircraft.

Last edited:
Not much yet

Tools and Hartwell latches so far.

However, I'll probaby buy my Odyssey battery(s) there.

E-bay

I have bought a ton of stuff for my plane from E-bay.
Prop, Fuel pump, fuel pump rod, fuel pump gear, vacuum pump, DG, AH, Carb, Mags, oil filter adapter, Starter, heat muff, EGT, CHT and more. Some mfg sell new on e-bay at a significant savings as the starter, EGT, CHT were all new at a fraction of the retail cost. There are plenty a good deal out there just beware. If something looks to good to be true usually it is. Also sold plenty as well. VAF is a great place to buy and sell as well as I just sold some items with no fees.
Dan has nothing on me when it comes to being frugal (tight). :D

Last edited:
95% of my hand tools for the project. Involved 3 purchases. It was a really good deal. The tools were from the various well known sources. I wound up saving more than enough to pay for the DRDT-2 (not from E-bay) and getting a lot of tools not normally included in the "tool kits", like rivet fans, nutplate jigs, strap duplicators and extra jaws for the squeezer. Also wound up with zillions of new drill bits (regular and threaded), extra drill stops, about 40 squeezer rivet sets to cover any rivet I'll ever use, a dozen gun sets and a 1/2 dozen different bucking bars (even with that, I never have the right shape :D )

Been too chicken to buy any actual parts to far :eek:

So far... 50 ft of RG-400, 3" yoke for squeezer and GTX-327 transponder. The RG-400 was the best deal at less than half the price per foot compared to the traditional sources.

N162RV said:
I have bought a ton of stuff for my plane from E-bay.
... fuel pump rod, fuel pump gear, VAF is a great place to buy and sell as well.
That sounds like my post. Only I bought my engine off of Barnstormers.com and the Dynon D10A EMS came from VAF at a great savings. The contact I made for buying my accessory case came off of VAF so you could say I bought that of the net as well.

I was able to get 3 HVLP spray guns a face mask and stand 2 extra 1.4 tips a tyre guage, hose and some misc stuff all for $96 new ! ( the hvlp even have a guage on the gun )