Todd

Hi everyone, this isn't RV related. Hope you dont mind :)
I'm working on a small experimental craft that will be using a fiberglass fuel tank. I'll be using MoGas and forgot if it was vinyl ester or epoxy I was supposed to use for the resin. I know the alcohol will gum up one of the resins I just can't remember which one it is! Thanks :)

I know you can use epoxy, specifically Safe-t-Poxy. I believe the vinyl will soften over time.

Ask these guys: Fuel Safe. They make custom bladders for warbirds and race cars. I have no idead if they'll touch a homebuilt application.

Fuel tanks

Check with West Epoxy. They have an excellent publication on just that subject, Epoxy is the way to go.
TT
RV10

Hummmmmm

I recently finished repairing one of my mains with vinyl ester resin since the mains are made with ester. You have to check.....you cant put vinyl over epoxy or vias/versa.....I don't remember. Hey....no more leak..!!

Polyester is the resin that is attacked and softened by ethanol. Epoxy and vinylester resins are the better choices for mogas use.

I've used this on 4 fiberglass wings.

Covering Material - Fuel Tank Sealants
JEFFCO FUEL TANK SEALER

3 Gallon Kit
P/N 09-42226 $437.95
Jeffco 9700 is a 100% solids epoxy system which is the highest quality fuel and chemical resistant lining and coating material available. It contains no solvents and no corrosive or carcinogenic substances to assure low toxicity and ease of application. Provides superior low temp. curing, impact and abrasion resistance, and cures in the presence of moisture or humidity. Brushes on easily.
Sold in 3 gallon kit containing 2 gallons of resin and 1 gallon of hardener. One 3 gallon kit can coat tanks of average size homebuilt. Used extensively on Lancairs and other homebuilts. Shelf life one year.

Description Part No. Price Buy
JEFFCO FUEL SEALER 9700 FCR 09-42226 $437.95

Order Status • Cart/Checkout • Search • Home • Help • Contact Us
ACS Specials/New Products • Shopping Lists • Price Match

Copyright © 1995 - 2008 Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co. All rights reserved.
Prices, features, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Images are for reference only and actual product appearance may vary.

Last edited: