HAL Pilot

Well Known Member
Found this and its twin on my shelf and have now gone through the wiki 3 times can not figure out where it goes. Unfortunately I removed the stickers. Any one recognize it?

Attachments

• 20231028_105251.jpg
    20231028_105251.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 258
I built a -9A, but it looks similar to fuselage side-panel reinforcement for the forward fuselage if I recall correctly.... Might be something else for a -14.

Hint for builders......

Found this and its twin on my shelf and have now gone through the wiki 3 times can not figure out where it goes. Unfortunately I removed the stickers. Any one recognize it?

Before you remove stickers, if the part isn't obvious, mark it somewhere on a flange with a felt tip marker.

Instrument panel reinforcement?

Does it go forward of the instrument panel?

Bellcrank mount?

Autopilot servo mount?

Last edited:
Before you remove stickers, if the part isn't obvious, mark it somewhere on a flange with a felt tip marker.

Agree. Would also recommend not removing labels until the part is ready to be installed/primed, etc.

As for the part, it does look like a sub-panel rib. It also could potentially be a flap actuator cover that fits between the seats.

Can you post a picture of the other side? I want to see if the flanges are rolled or straight.

Could it be the sub panel additional ribs from Advanced Flight Systems?

Brian,
I looked again and I think you might be right. Mine had similar hole patterns. Without much to compare in size it was kind of tough to tell.