BGordon

Well Known Member
Good afternoon everyone,
As you could probably guess from the title I am working on running my static line. I will follow the Vans methods but can't seem to find the page in the instruction manual. I have found the blueprint with the info but all it tells me is where the hole goes, not how big or what size rivet goes in it. Any know wher I can find out more info?
Thanks
Brandon

Vans kit

When I ordered my fuselage I also ordered Vans Static kit. It comes with tubing, rivets and instructions. All for $19.00. I believe the rivets were MSP-42, but I am not near my project so take that with a heavy dose of salt.

There have been several threads about static ports and various vendors' products (like SafeAir1). The correct rivet size may be mentioned in one of those threads. I will check this weekend when I get home.

Be careful

The port kits may have the RV6 instructions for location of the port. The large drawing has the correct location for the 7.

I read so much about the static port issues with the safe air kit, but liked the threaded system inside the aircraft. So - I took the ports and machined them down flat, cut some concentric grooves for proseal, then enlarged the hole to accept the standard Vans rivet. Then, I used the Vans rivet to go directly into the modified safe air ports and used proseal to ensure they stayed in place and did not leak.

ref: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=97509

Flying 1-2018 - 3-leg psi check yielded 0.12 kt TAS difference with GPS ground speed, so it works!

Last edited:
What rivet does the static system require

I have checked the forums and it looks like the SD-42-BSLF is the rivet for the static ports...is this correct? I don't really want to buy the kit since I already have the Safe Air tubing and connectors.
thanks,
Brandon

I have checked the forums and it looks like the SD-42-BSLF is the rivet for the static ports...is this correct? I don't really want to buy the kit since I already have the Safe Air tubing and connectors.
thanks,
Brandon

I accidentally ordered a second set of Safeair static ports. PM me if you're interested.