polarbear

I'm New Here
My dad has decide to sale his project due to heart attack 1 year ago. He has an RV-6 that is 75 % complete, the wings and tanks are finished and mounted to the fuselage, the tail is complete the canopy is complete, aircraft is on the gear. The motor mount is installed with 0 360 motor mounted. The motor is first run out off an civial airpatrol aircraft , will run but will need overhauled in 100 hrs, wood prop, all the instruments except radio is installed. He has ask me to research things and find out what the plane is worth. It was bought from Vans in the 1990's has never flown 1 owner. Could someone help me with waht the plans are bringing?

thanks

Last edited:
Variables

I think there are still a lot of variables such as the type of instuments for example. You might look in some of the classified ads, even those that are older to see what something comparable would be. I know a major overhaul isn't cheap and I'm guessing a wood prop won't help either. I had an O-320 overhauled in a cherokee in 2003 and it was $11,000 back then.

Pictures?

Some pictures of the installed instruments, the engine, airframe etc. might help. Off the top of my head, I'd ballpark it at $30-40K depending on some of the variables. If you have an equipment list of radios, instruments and such that would help.

My dad has decide to sale his project due to heart attack 1 year ago. He has an RV-6 that is 75 % complete, the wings and tanks are finished and mounted to the fuselage, the tail is complete the canopy is complete, aircraft is on the gear. The motor mount is installed with 0 360 motor mounted. The motor is first run out off an civial airpatrol aircraft , will run but will need overhauled in 100 hrs, wood prop, all the instruments except radio is installed. He has ask me to research things and find out what the plane is worth. It was bought from Vans in the 1990's has never flown 1 owner. Could someone help me with waht the plans are bringing?

thanks

Sit down with your dad and make a list of what has been spent on the airplane. That will be a good starting point. It should be worth at least that much but like selling anything, its value is what someone will pay for it. Set a price and see what happens. It is pretty difficult for anyone to tell you what it is worth not knowing the airplane or what is in it.