BigJohn

Well Known Member
Page G4-1 of the Production Acceptance Procedures (PAP) refers in a couple of spots to the "Rotax SI Procedure". Can anyone tell me what this is referring to and where to find it?

Page G4-1 of the Production Acceptance Procedures (PAP) refers in a couple of spots to the "Rotax SI Procedure". Can anyone tell me what this is referring to and where to find it?

I don't know what SI is being referred too on page G4-1 but if it is the one for the oil system purging procedure, a printed copy of it is included in the documentation package that is packed with the engine.

It is rather important...

Found the SI's related to oil....

... but - can't find the one about the coolant. Page G4-1 about 2/3 down the page says, "Fill cooling system in accordance with Rotax SI for this procedure (use of standard coolant is recommended)."

For the life of me I can't find an SI on the Rotax website that talks about a procedure for filling the coolant system. Is there an instruction somewhere that I'm missing? Or do you just dump in the coolant until the system is filled?

Sorry to be such a bother, but I have no previous experience with the Rotax and I want to do it right.

John.

The bulletin to see is SI-912-016-R3, Selection of Suitable Operating Fluids. Tells you the fluids to use, not really how to fill. Just fill at the reservoir till full. Had no problem with air being trapped anywhere. A bit more than 1/2 gallon.

Last edited: