Jerry Fischer

Well Known Member
way to mark the spinner and backplate for platenuts and cutting for a fixed Sensenich prop?
I did'nt see a clear template on the drawing or is it the same one that's used for the constant speed prop? Any advice or experience shared would be really appreciated.
Thanks for looking
Jerry

All righty then...

The template I made worked! Hallelujah. The spinner is fit and predrilled for clecoes and will get platnuts in the 2 backplates later this week. I was really concerned with alignment and won't know the final outcome until first engine run. I used a flat surface plate to align the rear backplate to the spinner so we will see....
Thanks for the tip on the sensenich web site but the template was not there any longer so I used some old cabinetmaking tricks to come up with one:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I used an alignment method I saw on someone's build log. Harbor freight sells a dial indicator mount that is attached to a pair of vice grips. I locked that onto a ladder in front of the plane. Then it's just a matter of removing some spark plugs, and lots of trial and error.

I got mine down to 0.002 runout near the tip :)