Darren S

Well Known Member
My Bendix King KMD 150 doesn't have an ARINC 429 output. I think I can only run my Trio Autopilot with the RS-232. I am losing some features I believe ? ie. Vertical steer ?

While I have your eyeballs, How best do I split the pitot and static lines. They currently run to the back of the EFIS. Is there a good "T" fitting I can buy ?

Thanks,

Darren

The KMD 150 only has RS232 and is not cabable of vertical steering anyway, for that you will need a 430W similar that has 429 output ($$$). Does your Trio even have VS capability? (I would assume not without a 429 input).

As far as the static lines it depends what kind of tubing you are using, you can purchase tees for Nylo, AN, or the quick connect that some folks use like Stein sells.

I realized afterwards that there are several options to add on to the Trio controller ie. Auto trim, GPSS and GPVS for vertical steer.

NONE of which I need. I see now that the RS 232 output will work just fine. Doesn't seem too hard to wire up either. I can actually understand the wiring diagram :)

Darren