Saville

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I'm looking at the Van's UMA airspeed indicators - 2-1/4" in knots. What is the column "color marks" and how is it read? I'm assuming it has something to do with the white, yellow green red lines but I don't know what "3/4/6" or "7/8" or "9" means. Can someone please translate?

Also there's one advertised by Van's with model number: UMA-16-211-201

But I can't find that on the UMA catalog to determine the speed range (I would prefer 40 to 240). Should be simpler to figure out what is being sold.

thanks

It means that particular instrument has color markings at the airspeed values appropriate for the RV model(s) listed.

I.E., red line speed, top and bottom of green arc, etc.

That particular 2 1/4" AIS is marked for the RV-3, RV-4 or RV-6 and scaled for knots.

The flap speed is 87 kts and the redline is 183 kts.

Since the ASI goes to 210 kts, that's a little over 240 mph. If you wanted mph, that's the IF UMA-16-210-241 airspeed indicator.

Dave

That particular 2 1/4" AIS is marked for the RV-3, RV-4 or RV-6 and scaled for knots.

The flap speed is 87 kts and the redline is 183 kts.

Since the ASI goes to 210 kts, that's a little over 240 mph. If you wanted mph, that's the IF UMA-16-210-241 airspeed indicator.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm looking to replace my MPH AI with knots.

It's super-handy that Van's offers the pre-marked gauges. I like the conventional ASI to back up the EFIS.

Yes very handy. I, too, like to have steam gauge backups for things. Especially Airspeed. I'd like the EFIS, GPS and steam to all be in knots.