walkman

Well Known Member
Does it simply go high when an alarm condition is present, and low when its not?

Or does it flash high/low when an alarm activated, go on high when acknowledged, and low when resolved?

Another way to ask this questions: Is the line intended to drive external logic, or to drive an external lamp?

Walkman,
Check the wiring diagram in section Appendix E.
When active it goes low. Power to the lamp must come from somewhere else. This only goes to ground on alarm.

Hello Walkman,

Yes, these are the Master Caution and Master Warning lamp driver outputs which go low to sink current (up to 20 mA each) to turn on lamps when either type of alert is active.

Please refer to the guidance on page 19-25 of the Rev. M G3X Installation Manual.

This section and the wiring guidance on page 23-5 should explain everything, but let us know if you still have questions.

Thanks,
Steve

ok, goes low when active. got it.

I intend to drive logic with it, which I can do just as easily with it going low vs high. What I wanted to make sure was, that it does not flash.

the lamp output on the GRT units flashes, no good for driving logic.

I'm designing a "smart" annunciator which will alarm on various things the EFIS doesn't monitor. One feature is that it will flash a lamp on new alerts, and the pilot can hit an "ack" button which will turn the flashes to a steady on.

If the line goes low/high when in the alarm condition, and the other way when not, then I drive logic with it. If the flashing and so forth is handled at the efis, then I just pass it through.

There are many things the EFIS does not monitor that you can still alarm with the G3X. It has many Discrete in's that can be used for just about anything. However it will not do the other things you mentioned.