Platyius

Is there anyone out there who can tell me what this gismo is on the RV-12

RV-12 Panel.jpg

Looks to me like the standard ELT remote with a spare fuse taped to it.

My guess.

I would guess they pulled the fuse so the ELT would not accidently be set off while on display. The fuse was taped there for installation when going to be flown.

John Bender

Another guess

Looking at the fuses again, it seems the fuel pump fuse is out. Maybe it is that ? ? ? ? Hey - I'm just guessing.

John Bender

I would guess they pulled the fuse so the ELT would not accidently be set off while on display. The fuse was taped there for installation when going to be flown.

John Bender
John,

There is no fuse required for the ELT.

When displaying aircraft at shows, the starter has to be/should be disabled, I suspect that may be the fuse to do just that.

Why not send a note to Van's, I suspect they will have a very simple answer.

Good point

The last ELT I installed did not have a fuse. I still think the fuse is the fuel pump fuse since it is the only one missing that you would expect to be in place.

John Bender

No fuse for ELT!

John Bender
ELT's must be totally independent from the aircraft electrical system. They are "stand alone."

Wing Pins?

Could it be indicator lights for the wing spar pins showing that they are locked in place?
Joe

Could it be indicator lights for the wing spar pins showing that they are locked in place?
Joe

Uh, no, it couldn't. It's the ELT remote display.

Unless somebody's getting really creative... :rolleyes:

The spar pins unsafe indicator light is the big red button under the "Spar Pins" label. It is what lights when pins aren't properly engaged. The red button can be pushed to over-ride the starter disable interlock.
The other item is the ELT remote panel with the fuel pump fuse resting in the ledge of the control panel.