sglynn

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of some useful software program to replace Kitlog. Kitlog ruined their display last night and I'm looking for a replacement. What do you guys think of their new display showing thumbnails on the left but reducing the field with the log description truncated and reduced lines per page.

Requirements are: Easy to use to enter text and photos. Push botton to post. Makes use of categories.

thanks

Seems pretty intuitive to me so I'm not sure if that's worth doing a complete migration of your log, especially this far along. If you don't like the COTS products, you're going to have to build and maintain your own.

Does anyone know of some useful software program to replace Kitlog. Kitlog ruined their display last night and I'm looking for a replacement. What do you guys think of their new display showing thumbnails on the left but reducing the field with the log description truncated and reduced lines per page.

Requirements are: Easy to use to enter text and photos. Push botton to post. Makes use of categories.

thanks

I see the view that goes to an individual builder's site that added the first picture in addition to the date and brief description field.

The only negative thing I can see is if you select the "All" view, it may take awhile to download all those thumbnails. I wouldn't call the site "ruined".

Both the brief description field and the detailed description fields have always had limitations to the lengthof text in them. Are you claiming that the limitation has been lowered or is this first time you've noticed the limitation?

If your requirement is to have a fancy web site, then Kitlog never was a good choice. It does an ok job of displaying information on the web so friends and family can track your progress. However, it is a good choice to document your build in a relatively easy manner that can generate appropriate documentation to get your repairman's certificate from the FAA.

JUST WENT AND LOOKED DOESN'T SEEM TO BAD. TAKES SOME TIME TO LOAD ALL LOGS BUT YOU ONLY SEE THIS IF YOU ASK FOR IT. I THINK I WILL KEEP PLUGGING AWAY AT IT.

Kitlog Replacement?

Personally can't see the problem. I quite like the idea of the thumbnails. Must check the rest of the software to see if there have been any updates.

Bob Ellis
www.rv-8.co.uk

Me too

As one of the original users of Kitlog, I kind of like the new layout. It's easier to browse, I think.

Positive

I have to agree with the others, I like the upgrade. It doesn't appear the individual work session pages have changed. Often, when I search another builder's site I'm usually more interested in the photos than the narrative. The thumbnails provide a quick means of review.

How about Wordpress? It's free, easily customized with hundreds of different themes, and can do everything the "specialty" builder's log software does, without the constraints. If you want to download the open-source software and host it yourself, you can do that too. More blogs and corporate websites are built with Wordpress than probably any other platform.